As a big thank you to all of my supporters...
...today I am launching the Fitz Faraday Fanart Fray (4FContest): a chance for you to create an original piece of art—drawn, painted, digital, or in any other two-dimensional format—that depicts two or more characters in a scene from the story! #MPoFF #4FContest
Submit your original artwork inspired by the book "The Marvelous Paracosm of Fitz Faraday and the Shapers of the Id" for a chance to have your artwork showcased in the special edition of the novel! Here is your chance to become a published illustrator (looks great in your portfolio!)!
I can’t wait to see your art. Good luck!
What do you have to do to participate?
- First, subscribe to this blog! Doing so will keep you in the loop on the goings-on in the world - the marvelous paracosm - of Fitz Faraday and me, the writer!
Second, read ALL the terms and conditions and accept them to participate. If you’re under 18, you’ll need to download, print off, sign and email a parental authorization form (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
In an email, send your name, age, email address (so I can let you know if you win!) and describe your image (who is in it? what are they doing?). Attach a high-resolution JPEG (no greater than 5MB in size) of your artwork as outlined in the official rules in order to be eligible to win.
Then, Send your email to email@example.com.
- Your entry must depict two or more characters from the novel: you should show them in one of the scenes from the novel
- Your entry must be appropriate for readers of all ages: the novel is geared towards 6th to 10th graders (rated teen), so nothing too risqué
- Your entry can’t include any logos, advertisements, product names, or product placements: this will immediately disqualify you
- Your entry must be made by you, submitted by you, and made for this contest: this is about YOU showing YOUR artistic talents specifically for this contest
- Your entry must be submitted in the correct format and size: I am only taking submissions formatted in .jpg; the maximum file size is 5MB and suggested minimum dimensions are 600x600px
The contest submission period starts today and ends on February 19th at 11:59 PM PST. I will announce the winners via Facebook/Twitter Live! I will showcase the entries on my website and the first, second and third place winners will have their work published in a special edition of the novel. The first place winner will also receive a signed copy of the book!